What do you need:
Castor oil, two sheets of plastic (garbage bags okay), 1 yard cotton or wool flannel, heating pad (if indicated), large old bath towel, 3 safety pins.
- Fold flannel into three thicknesses to fit over your whole abdomen.
- Cut a piece of plastic 1-2 inches larger than flannel.
- Drizzle flannel with oil and fold flannel over.
- Place plastic and old towel over this to prevent staining of surface you will be lying on.
- Lie down placing flannel over abdomen, putting fitted plastic over this.
- You may apply a heating pad over plastic.
- Wrap towel, now under you, around your torso and fasten safety pins.
- Rest 30 minutes, two hours away from meals. Use visualization, meditation, or just sleep.
- After finishing, wash with solution of 3 Tablespoons baking soda to 1 quart water to cut oil.
Repeat as instructed by physician. Enjoy!
The castor bean (Oleum Ricini), also known as Palma Christi, due to its shape and healing properties, is known principally as a cathartic (strong laxative). The famed psychic, Edgar Cayce, indicated in his readings a gentler use in the form of a pack placed over the abdomen, usually with applied heat. The oil is absorbed into the lymphatic circulation to provide a soothing, cleansing, and nutritive treatment.