- 4 cups of rolled oats (quick oats work well)
- 2 cups of brown rice flour
- 2 cups of oat flour
- 1 cup ground, toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsps. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups chopped, toasted almonds
- 1 cup chopped pumpkin seeds
- Options: Walnuts and Pecans
- 2/3 cup olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups honey or brown rice syrup
- 4-5 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
Combine Dry Mix in one bowl and the Wet Mix in another bowl. Stir together Dry Mix and Wet Mix into a larger bowl. Form into patties using wet hands until smooth on tops and sides.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake on parchment paper for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and light on the underside; don’t overcook.
Store when warm in an airtight container for up to a week. If you will not be using them within that first week, store them in the refrigerator.
Copyright Dr. Paloma Defuentes 2016